Tomorrow, August 16th, I will turn 22! 22 just seems so much bigger than turning 21 for some reason. I’m hoping that my 22nd year can be super awesome - I’ll be studying abroad in England, graduating, and who knows what else!?! I don’t have any specific plans tomorrow, but maybe I can spend it reading BECAUSE I’M FAILING AT #BOUTOFBOOKS Y’ALL! I’m just too busy this week and have been reading less than normal. NOT COOL. Hopefully I can remedy this on my birthday :)
Oh, and speaking of studying abroad, I’ve figured out what I want for my birthday from YOU - yes, YOU! Don’t worry though, it won’t cost you anything :) You see, what I’d really love is for your travel advice. Come the end of September I’ll be heading off to the UK to the University of Essex until mid-December to finish up my history degree! However, I’ve never really travelled before except to a work conference with colleagues last year and so I’ll take all the advice, tips and tricks that I can get! General advice is great, but I’d also love specific advice regarding:
- packing tips? I have one 26 inch suitcase that is fairly wide and will have a carry on bag.
- navigating an airport by yourself? HOW DO YOU DO IT?!
- anything I MUST bring while studying abroad?
- anything I must SEE/DO/EXPERIENCE in England? I’m also looking into travelling to Ireland & Scotland as well
- random question: what is the dress code like in the UK? Canada is pretty relaxed, and my university even more so, although I do wear quite a bit of business casual stuff…
- anything else I should know about travelling to the UK or travel in general?
Thanks so much and I can’t wait to read your comments!!