Hi, I’m Rachelia! Nice to meet you!
I guess since you are here, you want to know a bit about me, huh? Well, let’s see… I’m currently 22, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I recently completed my undergraduate honours degree in history (mostly Canadian), with a minor in women’s studies, so I’m pretty much a nerd about those two things! Let’s see, I’m also a feminist, scarf aficionado, Whedonite (Grr Argh!), and nerd fighter (DFTBA!). Oh, and a huge bookworm of course! As I have grown older, I haven’t had as much time for reading as I would like, but I still consider it my number one hobby. Nothing beats settling down with a hot mug of tea and cracking open a book (old or new) and shutting out the world for even just a few minutes! I read both young adult and adult fiction and the genres I keep coming back to are contemporary (oh how it makes me cry!), paranormal (I love witches and ghosts!), and historical (I told you I was a nerd for history!), although overall I have a pretty eccentric reading history!
Some other tidbits about me:
- I live at home and have two adorable pugs, Buddy and Bella, who bring a smile to my face everyday!
- If I only had a few foods to live off of it would be: cheese, cheesecake, chocolate (see a pattern?!) and… peanut butter. MMM. Not all at the same time though!
- I recently studied abroad in England at the University of Essex, Colchester. I loved it and want to travel more!
- On a more serious note, I like to educate and advocate about: Canadian politics, feminism (more specifically issues related to sexual assault and body image), youth leadership and health, and First Nations/indigenous peoples. I’d love to somehow make a living (ha!) doing that, however unlikely!
- My fandoms are: Buffy & Angel, Supernatural (pre-season 6/7, ugh), Sherlock, Flashpoint, Merlin (not happy with how it ended — don’t get me started!), Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Downton Abbey, and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
Get in touch!
Hey there, I’m Kaitlyn!
I’m 21 years old, and I joined Rachelia on this awesome blog in April 2013, at the tail end of my study abroad adventure in Aix-en-Provence, France. I’m in the middle of this crazy transition from university to “real life”, and all I know at the moment is that I’d like to change somebody’s world someday. (Talk about lofty dreams.) Spy stories, memoirs of kickass ladies, and Hermione Granger are my jam, and I’m always a fan of a little romance, anything that supercharges my imagination, and stories about farms. (I know… I have eclectic taste.) I love celebrating the little things in life, like a cup of peppermint tea, listening to my latest playlist, or spending a night on the couch watching New Girl with my little sister. To me, the best thing in life is family and I am the stringent upholder of traditions at my house. I read just about anything I can get my hands on — I was the kid who read the back of the cereal box when no books were readily available. I like both fiction and nonfiction and enjoy young adult, adult, and contemporary novels, but I’m really a sucker for anything on the fantasy or historical fiction shelves.
A few more fun facts…
- I love junk food… a LOT. If I could live like a Gilmore Girl and live off of pizza, nachos, Chinese food, butter-drenched popcorn, thin mints, milkshakes, and poutine, I would. My mouth is watering just writing that sentence.
- I played the flute in the high school band and I took piano lessons up until Grade 11. I also learned how to play the orchestral bells. Yes — I’m a band geek!
- I have turned into a burgeoning TV buff in the last few years and love to unwind on the couch with some chips and Hart of Dixie, Game of Thrones, Suits, Downton Abbey, Murdoch Mysteries, New Girl, or Heartland on the TV.
- My family has a German shepherd-Australian cattle dog-Rottweiler rescue dog and I love her to bits. I can’t wait until I’m financially secure enough to get a dog of my own!
- If you don’t love Harry Potter… well, I’m not sure we can be friends. ;-)
Get in touch!